UNITING WITH GOD'S PEOPLE
You won’t find a verse in Scripture that says, “Thou shalt join a local church.” But we believe that’s not because the authors of Scripture didn’t think church membership was important. Rather, we believe it’s because church membership was simply assumed. Just consider these truths:
- Paul taught that Jesus gave Himself for the church. Jesus did this to redeem us from lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession who are zealous for good works (Titus 2:11–14).
- We are commanded to exhort one another daily and to meet together regularly so that we do not become hardened by the deceitfulness of sin (Hebrews 3:12–14, 10:19–25).
- We are commanded to use our spiritual gifts to build up the church; the gifts are not merely — or even mostly — for private edification (1 Corinthians 12:4–11; Ephesians 4:11–16).
- We are commanded to love one another not in word or talk, but in deed and in truth (1 John).
- We are commanded to obey our leaders and submit to them because they are the ones God has appointed to keep watch over us for our spiritual good and because they will answer to God for their leadership (Hebrews 13:17).
To live out these commands in a meaningful way, we believe that we must commit ourselves to other like-minded Christians through membership in a local church.
WHO CAN BE A MEMBER AT NEW LIFE?
Membership at New Life is open to any baptized Christian who agrees to uphold New Life's Statement of Faith and Church Covenant and who has completed our Membership Process.
WHAT IS THE MEMBERSHIP PROCESS?
Explore Membership is offered three times per year. Each class is held on Sunday afternoon from 2-4:30pm.
If you are unable to attend an Explore Membership group in-person, an online option is available. When you sign up, simply choose the online option.
Fill out a Membership Questionnaire
At this meeting, at least one elder will meet with you (or you and your spouse) to go over your Membership Questionnaire(s), ask any necessary clarifying questions, and answer your questions about New Life. This gives our elders an opportunity to know you, hear how Jesus has worked in your life, answer your questions, and explain more about the qualifications of membership at New Life.