The “Why?” of Giving at New Life
At New Life, we believe that the grace of God – rather than guilt – should be the foundation for our giving. In 2 Corinthians 8:9, Paul writes, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you by His poverty might become rich.”
Jesus, as Creator and Sustainer of the universe, is rich. Yet, in His incarnation (taking on flesh and adding humanity to His deity) and in His death in the place of sinners like you and me, He became poor. He did this so that by faith we could take hold of the riches that belong to Him.
That message — the Gospel message — must be the foundation for all giving. If the Gospel is not the foundation for our giving, then giving will continue to be a struggle for us. We will hold onto “our” money until we feel guilty enough to give some of it away. Then, when we do finally give out of guilt, we will likely feel either bitter or self-righteous just a short time later.
But when the Gospel is the foundation of our giving, then we are eager to give generously based on Christ’s generous gift of forgiveness, justification, and adoption into God’s family by faith.
The “How?” of Giving at New Life
There are four primary ways you can give financially to New Life:
1. During our weekly worship service.
2.Through the mail. Please mail all checks to:
New Life Baptist Church
700 University Dr. East, Ste. 115
College Station, TX 77840
3. Through Chase QuickPay. This tool will allow you to give anytime from anywhere. There are no charges or fees associated with QuickPay which means that New Life will receive the total amount that you give.In order to participate in online giving through QuickPay, you just need a bank account, an email address, and little bit of time to set up your QuickPay account. After you set up your initial profile, all your future giving can be done in just about the same amount of time that it takes to write a check. Below you will find the instructions on how to create your individual profile and how to use QuickPay.
Creating Your Individual Profile
If you are not a Chase customer, please create a Chase user profile and enroll in Chase QuickPay:
1. Log on to www.Chase.com/QuickPay .
2. Click on Sign up today! towards the middle of the page.
3. Create a secure profile using the enrollment form.
a. For members of NL: make sure your name matches the name in the directory.
b. For non-members of NL: make sure your name matches the name on your check.
4. Verify your preferred e-mail address
5. Create a QuickPay User ID, password, and security code.
6. Read and accept the required legal terms including the E-Sign Disclosure and Chase QuickPay Service Agreement and Privacy Notice.
7. Add the external bank account you wish to use for this service.
8. You will need to verify the account by doing the following:
a. Chase will deposit two small amounts (less than $1) into your account.
b. Once those amounts have been deposited you will need to log back into Chase QuickPay using your User ID and password.
9. Under the Send Money button you will see Send money from and deposit money to: with your bank account listed below.
a. Click on the link below your bank account, Verify this account, and enter the two amounts that were deposited into your bank account.
10. Start using Chase QuickPay to send.
If you are already a Chase customer then login and begin using your QuickPay account.
- Log in to QuickPay using your unique User ID and password.
- Click on the Send Money button.
- Type in New Life Baptist Church as the recipient.
- Type in email@example.com as the recipient email address.
- Enter the amount you wish to give.
- Select the date in which you wish to send the money on.
- Click Next and verify the information.
- Click Send Money and your gift will be processed in 3–5 business days.
We encourage you all to use this as a giving tool and please let us know if you have any problems setting up your account. Contact the Finance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.